Design & Digital Marketing Consultant (Part-Time, $16-$22 per hour)
Hudson Hall seeks an energetic and motivated Design & Digital Marketing Consultant to help drive audience and donor engagement through the creation and management of Hudson Hall’s print and digital marketing.
The Design & Digital Marketing Consultant is a part-time, 20-30 hours per week, in-office (with some remote work optional), reporting to the Marketing & Communications Manager and works closely with all department heads.
The successful candidate will have experience creating marketing strategy and materials and be able to persuasively communicate Hudson Hall’s mission and engage diverse audiences across channels (including print, social, web, email marketing and environmental/signage etc) with a consistent, compelling voice of the highest aesthetic quality and impact. A passion for the arts and community, excellent copywriting, communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
The Design & Digital Marketing Consultant works independently under the general supervision of the Marketing and Communications Manager to generate all institutional marketing, including print collateral (including posters, flyers, programs and fundraising materials) and digital media
(including website, social, paid advertising and email marketing).
- With the Marketing & Communications Manager, plan, design and implement marketing campaigns from the launch of a season to show-specific target marketing efforts to achieve revenue goals;
- Design and manage the production of compelling print and digital collateral for performances, exhibitions, talks, and development events, including posters, flyers, brochures, programs, digital advertising, social media assets, and other fundraising materials;
- Plan and implement Hudson Hall’s social media strategy. Develop and publish social media content for different social channels, including but not limited to Instagram (main grid, stories and reels), and Facebook. Follow emerging social media trends and platforms and make recommendations for content creation and social media advertising.
- Plan and design weekly/bi-weekly eblasts
- Manage and update Hudson Hall’s website using WordPress
- Coordinate with other team members, as well as partner organizations, to meet deadlines.
- Compile social media and website analytics and work with the Marketing & Communications Manager to summarize and report findings and key insights as well as make recommendations.
- At least 2-3 years working in graphic design
- Demonstrated social media management experience
- B.A. or M.F.A. in Graphic Design or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite and/or alternative graphics programs, video editing/production skills required
- Exceptional eye for design, communication, organizational and planning skills, with an ability to speak to a broad patron and donor base in an appropriate institutional voice.
- Ability to work on multiple design projects and timelines simultaneously, both independently and collaboratively
- A sincere interest in the arts and community, non-profit experience a plus
This position is part-time and not eligible for benefits. To apply, email (no calls) a resume, a cover letter explaining why you are qualified and interested in the position, three work samples, and contact information for three references. Deadline to apply is April 30, 2021. Applications without a cover letter and work samples will not be considered.