Position: Production Coordinator
Hudson Hall seeks a full-time Production Coordinator to join our small and dedicated team responsible for presenting a year-round program of cultural, educational and large-scale community events. This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing organization and play an important role in the future of the organization.
About Hudson Hall
Located in the heart of historic Hudson, New York, Hudson Hall’s mission is to inspire and promote the arts and to play a pivotal role in the cultural and economic advancement of the region. Originally built in 1855 as City Hall, the building houses New York State’s oldest surviving theater. After sitting vacant for more than 30 years, a group of concerned citizens came together to save the building in 1992. Since then, the first floor has been rehabilitated with three multi-purpose spaces and a fine art gallery, and the second-floor performance hall has been restored and remade into a modernized, flexible 300+ seat theater.
Production Coordinator Position
The Production Coordinator will manage the many logistical aspects of all events presented by Hudson Hall, from performances held in the theater to gallery exhibitions, workshops for youth, and special events such as weddings and Winter Walk. The Production Coordinator works with the General Manager to ensure productions, events, building operations, and daily activities run smoothly from inception to completion. The Production Coordinator works with Hudson Hall staff, artists, vendors, crew, and the public to ensure the overall success of everything we do and is also responsible for general building care and maintenance.
- Coordinate with incoming performing artists, fine artists, and workshop directors regarding their technical, production, and company needs
Manage artist services for visiting performers and in-house events
- Manage technical riders and equipment rentals for incoming productions
- Responsible for the setup and operation of in-house lighting, audio and video systems for rehearsals, productions, and exhibitions
- Responsible for the installation, setup and strike of fine art exhibitions, including the creation of wall text and checklists
- Responsible for the setup and strike of tables, chairs and support equipment for workshops, events, and meetings
- Act as board operator and/or production liaison during events
- In collaboration with other staff at Hudson Hall, coordinate large community events such as Winter Walk
- Front of House, box office, and main office duties as needed
- Coordinate and perform general building maintenance and repairs
- Participate in training in the use of lighting and audio/video control equipment
- Perform routine inventory, maintenance and repair of theatre equipment, notify the appropriate person/department of major repair needs.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experience in production, the arts and theater-related fields a plus
- Basic, entry level theater lighting experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with initiative, and as part of a team
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs. and have a valid driver’s license
- Computer literate with basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, Google applications, and internet research capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, exhibiting an ability to effectively communicate with people of all ages, experiences, and abilities
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- No degree necessary
Who you are
- Familiar with Hudson Hall’s values, capabilities, and the artists and audiences we serve
- Work independently as well as within a team environment
- Take initiative, multi-task, and work positively in a fast-paced setting
- Show an aptitude for learning new skills, systems, and equipment
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the arts and community development
This is a full-time position with salary commensurate with experience. The schedule varies often according to the upcoming programs, and includes evenings and weekends for performances and events. This is a very hands-on position with potential for growth.
To apply, please email (no calls) a cover letter with resume and at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Deadline to apply is August 26, 2022. Hudson Hall is an equal opportunity employer, actively seeking diverse, qualified candidates.