Marketing & Communications Manager (Full-Time, $22-$27 per hour)
Hudson Hall seeks a full-time, energetic and motivated Marketing & Communications Manager to drive audience development and engagement strategies to meet the organization’s revenue goals. The position is a full-time exempt position reporting to the executive director and eligible for benefits. Working weekend and evening hours for performances and events is required.
The successful candidate will have experience in marketing and communications and be able to persuasively communicate Hudson Hall’s mission and engage audiences across channels. A passion for the arts and community, excellent writing, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing all institutional marketing and public relations in support of the organization and its programs, including print collateral and digital media (website and social platforms). The position supervises a design and digital manager, and the office is supported by a shared administrative associate.
- Work closely with all department heads to develop marketing strategies to maximize revenues and community engagement, retain and expand the organization’s audience and patron base.
- Direct, plan and implement marketing campaigns from the launch of a season to show-specific target marketing efforts to achieve revenue goals, as well as institutional branding; oversee the creation of print collateral and direct marketing as well as digital marketing (website, social media) to implement campaigns.
- Write or oversee copy for all print pieces, advertisements, website, social media, and e-mail blasts, coordinating with other team members, as well as partner organizations, to meet deadlines.
- Oversee public relations to communicate the organization’s larger mission across a plurality of constituent bases.
- Direct and coordinate institutional and program-related PR with artists and partner institutions.
- Secure corporate media sponsorships and initiate cross-promotion opportunities.
- Work with key stakeholders and organizational partners to engage the local community in a variety of free educational and cultural events.
- Coordinate ad placement and media buys with various advertisers as well as develop and maintain professional relationships with media outlet representatives.
- Supervise design and digital marketing staff and oversee the organization’s website, working with external consultants when needed.
- Manage box office and, together with the fund development team, assist in oversight and management of PatronManager, Hudson Hall’s CRM for database management and ticketing.
- Create and track marketing budgets, schedules, and report on ticket sales.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of marketing and communications experience, preferably at a nonprofit arts organization. Existing relationships with, or working knowledge of, local, regional and NYC arts media a plus.
- A sincere interest in the arts and community development.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to speak to a broad patron and donor base in an appropriate institutional voice.
- Experience in writing press releases, brochure copy, and copyediting.
- Computer literate and adept in use of Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM database management (experience with PatronManager a plus), and social media.
- Background in design programs (Photoshop and InDesign) a major plus.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, experience in managing a variety of marketing campaigns, budgeting and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This position is full-time, non-exempt and eligible for benefits. To apply, email (no calls) a resume, a thoughtful cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are qualified and interested in the position, three writing samples, and contact information for three references. Deadline to apply is May 7, 2021. Applications without a cover letter and writing samples will not be considered.