Administrative Associate (Full-Time, $14-$16 per hour)
Hudson Hall seeks an Administrative Associate to work closely with all department heads to help execute administrative and production tasks across the organization. This is a full-time position working Tuesday – Saturday; working evening hours for performances and events is required.
The Administrative Associate position requires excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, computer/technology proficiency, some experience in project management, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
The duties for this position may grow and change with the needs of the organization. This is an ideal opportunity for the right candidate to join a small but growing organization.
- Provide friendly and courteous front-line customer service: answer phones and respond to Hudson Hall emails, greet daily visitors, take building tours, and receive and distribute mail and deliveries.
- Process tickets and donations: from data entry in PatronManager (Hudson Hall’s CRM system) to timely processing of gift acknowledgements.
- Set up events in PatronManager and manage ticket inventory.
- Assist in Box Office/Front of House management as required for performances and events, track attendance and coordinate volunteers.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events.
- Provide support for all digital and social media platforms, including updating website content, e-blasts, Facebook and Instagram.
- Manage print production and distribution for marketing and development collateral, including programs, posters, postcards and flyers.
- Track media coverage and update press-clipping book.
- Manage and organize office supplies, digital and hard copy files. Tidy, restock and update public-facing marketing materials and signage such as brochures, posters and flyers. Assist with scheduling and set up for meetings and workshops and generally anticipate what’s needed to help to ensure the smooth running of building operations.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Office experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- A sincere interest in the arts and community development.
- A minimum of one to two years’ experience in a professional office environment.
- Strong organizational and writing skills, and the ability to communicate professionally, effectively, and discreetly with volunteers, colleagues, and donors.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workflow and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and to work independently with initiative.
- Computer literate and adept in social media, proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of CRM software, basic HTML editing skills, InDesign and imaging software a major plus.
This position is full-time, non-exempt and eligible for benefits. To apply, email (no calls) a resume, a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you are qualified and interested in the position, and contact information for three references. Deadline to apply is April 30, 2021. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Hudson Hall is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or veteran status.
Hudson Hall adheres to comprehensive workplace safety guidelines. Its modern HVAC system has been outfitted with MERV 13 filters and the historic windows can be opened to allow fresh air to circulate.